Nature ProjectMake A Bark Rubbing
You will need a blank sheet of paper, crayons, and, of course, a tree to be able to do these projects. If you have done the outdoor adventure you can use your tree friend.
Make A Leaf Rubbing
- Take the paper wrapper off the crayons you will be using and throw the paper away.
- Take a few sheets of paper and the crayons outside and find the tree those bark you want to rub.
- Put everything in a handy place on the ground near you, but one sheet of paper and the crayon that you will be using.
- Pick the part of the bark that you want to make a rubbing of and place the paper over that spot.
- Holding the paper one hand gently rub the long side of the crayon over the bark.
- Take the paper wrappper off the crayons you will be using and throw the paper away.
- Outside find a tree that has leaves that you like.
- Search under the tree for fallen leaves that are still soft, if you cannot find any gentle break one off the tree. You can use the same leaf many times.
- Inside, on a flat surface like a table position your leave the way that you like it, I like to put the rough side up because it gives the rubbing more detail.
- Place the paper over the leaf so that the leaf is in the place where you want it to be.
- Holding the paper one hand gently rub the long side of the crayon over the leaf.